Thursday, September 16, 2010

Models and Strategies of Teaching

In class on Wednesday September 15 we discussed strategies and models. There are only two strategies which are direct and indirect. There are four different types of models; Behavioral Model, Information Processing Model, Social Interaction Model and the Personal Model. I learned that the Behavioral Model is a direct approach and the other three are all indirect approaches. I also thought it was interesting when i found out that the Behavioral Model usuallu only has the students gain knowledge on Blooms Taxonomy; Information Processing Model has the students reach the analysis; and Social Interaction and Personal Models reach synthesis and evaluation on Blooms Taxonomy. I really liked this because I like all these approaches so its nice to know that when I am teaching a unit and i want the students to reach higher levels of thinking then I can use all the approaches and we move deeper into the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment