Saturday, October 2, 2010

Presentations..Presentations

The last few days in our Methods of Teaching class, we have all been teaching each other the different parts of the Direct Instruction lesson planning. So far everyone has gone except for me and my partner Samantha. I think that everyone has been doing a really good job but I am still nervous to go.

After everyone has gone we have been talking about what they could have done better and some people didnt seem too happy with how their presentations worked out so far. Dr. Smirnova told us that now we have seen everyone go so we should know exactly how to make our presentations perfect but I am still really nervous because I dont want us to do a bad job on it.

For our presentation we are teaching the class about Independent Practice. It is about homework and how to assess the students while they work on their own to see how well the students learned what the topic of the lesson was on. We have pictures in our presentation and we will explain to the class what they need to ask themselves and think about while they are planning their Independent Practice. I think the only thing that I need to make sure that I do is to keep eye contact with the class and not read off of the power point and to make sure that our transitions go over smoothly.

I really think everyone did great I just wish that everyone would talk more when people ask questions, including myself, because that would have made all the presentations go alot smoother. So hopefully on Monday everyone will be answering the questions that me and my partner ask!!

No comments:

Post a Comment